What Is a Carbon Footprint? What Do We Offer Under My Ecological Status Section?
- A carbon footprint is a measure of the harm to the environment caused by human activities in terms of the amount of the resulting greenhouse gas, expressed as carbon dioxide equivalent. The carbon footprint can be broken down into two parts as direct (primary) and indirect (secondary): The primary footprint is the measure of CO2 emissions from our activities such as domestic energy consumption and transportation while the secondary footprint is the measure of CO2 emissions during the whole life cycle of products we buy, such as manufacturing and carriage.
- On the Ecological section under the “My Status” menu on Garanti BBVA Mobile, we show your carbon footprint calculated based on your bills and gas expenses and expressed as CO2, water, and tree equivalent.
- Under the assessment section, we present the comparison of carbon footprint calculations from the last two years.
- In the Sustainable Information section, we provide information on how to minimize our environmental impact.
- With the ecological tasks we offer in the area of Ecological Steps, we support our customers to set goals for themselves and take sustainable steps. Customers, who save fuel, paper and electricity by completing their tasks, are also entitled to receive a sustainability certificate that we have prepared specially for them and a surprise award.
- Prefer digital slip
- Do not get a receipt from an ATM
- View your Passbook on our digital channels
- Receive statement from digital channels
- Top up 100 TL or more on the transportation card
- Withdraw / deposit money from ATM with QR
- Apply for an Environmentally Friendly Bonuscard
- Become Garanti BBVA customer without going to the branch
- Visit the Ecological tab
- Achieving a specific step target within the month
Together, we can be a part of this transformation for a sustainable life...
If you are not our customer yet, you can be one via Garanti BBVA Mobile, without having to sign printed agreements or use transportation since you'll not visit a branch. You can thereby support the reduction of paper consumption and carbon emission. Moreover, you can opt for a digital statement and track all details such as account/card activities, monthly statement, and remaining balance quickly and securely via Garanti BBVA Mobile or Internet; you can thus protect nature by reducing your carbon footprint. In return for your contributions to nature, we take part in the fight against the climate crisis by delivering seed balls in hard-to-reach areas with ecoDrone on your behalf.
Let's create big impacts with small steps we will take for a more livable future and take good care of our earth and future together.
You can ensure a more accurate calculation of your carbon footprint by making your payments for utility bills such as water, natural gas, and electricity and fuel expenses via Garanti BBVA.
Please note that your carbon footprint data available on Garanti BBVA Mobile is calculated with a delay of one day. There may be deviations in calculations due to the institution payments reflected on bills. We are currently working on developing a different calculation method for our customers using electricity obtained from sustainable resources.